Quick glance at all upcoming events with Q4 Consulting
- Doing Power Differently: Dynamics in Women’s Leadership – Explore & expand your leadership in this hands-on experiential evening for women who want to step more fully into their power.
- A Mindful Course™ – An in-person 8-week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (mbsr) class to learn basic mindfulness practices and how to live fully in daily life.
Doing Power Differently
Wednesday January 23, 2019
6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
1211 W. 22nd St, Training Room
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Leadership involves determining what matters most and acting from there – whether guiding a family, running a business, or holding public office.
As women leaders, we are in an excellent position to actively apply our power and skills to transform the very nature of power itself from ‘power over’ to ‘power with.’
It turns out – not that you’ll be surprised – the competencies common among women such as empathy, flexibility, patience, intuition, and vulnerability are highly effective for managing and leading complex organizations.
The world is ready and in need of our skills across all organizations, causes, and communities. Truly doing power differently expands the possibilities not just for women, but for everyone, because we all suffer from rigid gender roles.
Are you ready to:
- Engage in difficult conversations that are honest, productive, and equitable for all parties?
- Start using your political capital — to connect people, reward somebody when it’s deserved, and take a stand for something or someone in whom you believe?
- Ensure that our businesses, families and organizations are receptive to a diversity of voices, in both tone and substance?
- Take responsibility for your own mental, physical, and spiritual well-being to act from a place wholeness and abundance?
In this highly experiential workshop, Doing Power Differently, you’ll tap into your Core Presence™ to learn practices that embody your innate fullness, creativity, intelligence, and energy.
You’ll leave the evening with the skills to:
- Center under pressure into Presence.
- Engage in difficult conversations openly and effectively.
- Cultivate resilience as a resource to engage the ambiguity, complexity, and power of the world.
- Act on what matters most with confidence and conviction – able to take a stand for self and others.
- Understand the importance of the body as a resource for integrating thoughts, emotions, and actions.
Research shows that practices such as meditation, mindfulness, and embodiment develop our capacity to be present and open in difficult situations so that we can listen rather than react, so we can tend rather than defend. These are exactly the skills we must develop and practice as leaders to be most impactful in the modern world.
This 2.5-hour workshop is for you if you’re:
- Seeking greater influence and impact.
- Willing to explore uncomfortable questions and embodied patterns.
- Ready to move out of limiting beliefs, embodied patterns, and overwhelm to live fully and mindfully in the moment for the greater good.
“Leadership is autobiographical. If I don’t know who you are as a person, I don’t know who you are as a leader.” ~~ Noel Tichy
A Mindful Course™
Six Thursday evenings
January 24th – February 28th, 2019
6:30 PM – 8:45 PM
Orientation is on Thursday January 17th at 1301 W. 22nd St, Ste 715 & required for class participation. Early bird discounts available until Friday January 11th, 2019.
Cancellations before January 31st will receive a full price refund for this event. We are unable to offer refunds after January 31st, 2019.
As a professional and leader, you want to be primed to take on the opportunities you’ve worked so hard to earn.
You want to work with your stress & energies to respond attentively in the board room and at the kitchen table.
You want to improve your health and quality of sleep, by markedly reducing the effects of stress-related health conditions.
You want to be effusively present for what matters most to you. (less screen time, more face time)
Simply, you want to live fully.
The solution is to cultivate Mindfulness.
In this hands-on, intimate Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MSBR) course – led by Dr. Chris Johnson, a certified instructor with 19 years’ experience – you’ll learn scientifically-proven mindfulness practices to reduce your stress, build your resilience & deepen your sense of fulfillment
Neuroscience research tells us that attending to the constant activity of the mind for a few brief minutes can yield powerful and even surprising information.
Orientation on Thursday January 17th 2019 (required & early bird discount taken.) Maximum class size: 12. Reserve your seats early. Meets for six weeks from 1/24/19 – 2/28/19.