Quick glance at all upcoming events with Q4 Consulting
- Doing Power Differently: Dynamics in Women’s Leadership – Explore & expand your leadership in this hands-on experiential evening for women who want to step more fully into their power.
- Women Rising Retreat – Awakening your power, exploring your path, embodying your full presence. A 2.5 day retreat in beautiful Lake Geneva, WI.
- A Mindful Course™ – An in-person 8-week Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (mbsr) class to learn basic mindfulness practices and how to live fully in daily life.
Doing Power Differently
September 27th, 2018
1211 W. 22nd St, Training Room
Oak Brook, IL 60523
Leadership involves determining what matters most and acting from there – whether guiding a family, running a business, or holding public office.
As women leaders, we are in an excellent position to actively apply our power and skills to transform the very nature of power itself from ‘power over’ to ‘power with.’
It turns out – not that you’ll be surprised – the competencies common among women such as empathy, flexibility, patience, intuition, and vulnerability are highly effective for managing and leading complex organizations.
The world is ready and in need of our skills across all organizations, causes, and communities. Truly doing power differently expands the possibilities not just for women, but for everyone, because we all suffer from rigid gender roles.
Are you ready to:
- Engage in difficult conversations that are honest, productive, and equitable for all parties?
- Start using your political capital — to connect people, reward somebody when it’s deserved, and take a stand for something or someone in whom you believe?
- Ensure that our businesses, families and organizations are receptive to a diversity of voices, in both tone and substance?
- Take responsibility for your own mental, physical, and spiritual well-being to act from a place wholeness and abundance?
In this highly experiential workshop, Doing Power Differently, you’ll tap into your Core Presence™ to learn practices that embody your innate fullness, creativity, intelligence, and energy.
You’ll leave the evening with the skills to:
- Center under pressure into Presence.
- Engage in difficult conversations openly and effectively.
- Cultivate resilience as a resource to engage the ambiguity, complexity, and power of the world.
- Act on what matters most with confidence and conviction – able to take a stand for self and others.
- Understand the importance of the body as a resource for integrating thoughts, emotions, and actions.
Research shows that practices such as meditation, mindfulness, and embodiment develop our capacity to be present and open in difficult situations so that we can listen rather than react, so we can tend rather than defend. These are exactly the skills we must develop and practice as leaders to be most impactful in the modern world.
This 2.5-hour workshop is for you if you’re:
- Seeking greater influence and impact.
- Willing to explore uncomfortable questions and embodied patterns.
- Ready to move out of limiting beliefs, embodied patterns, and overwhelm to live fully and mindfully in the moment for the greater good.
“Leadership is autobiographical. If I don’t know who you are as a person, I don’t know who you are as a leader.” ~~ Noel Tichy
Women Rising Retreat: Awakening Your Power, Exploring Your Path, Embodying Full Presence
November 14 – 16, 2018
Overnight at Lake Geneva, WI
Online application and early bird discount available.
How are your Superpowers serving you?
Have you been conquering your goals in a pair of rockin’ red boots or have you been hiding your real power and knowledge under a dark cape?
I know you’ve been thinking about tackling your next big challenge, noteworthy goal, or exciting new role.
But, you know you have unrealized potential – places in your life and career where you haven’t been accessing your power for the greater good.
That’s why you’re seeking a way to begin fully engaging your Superpowers, connecting with other women who can see and appreciate your strengths, and ultimately, making the impact you want to make in the world.
You have a strong sense of what’s possible and you’re ready to be the hero of your own life.
We saved you a seat on the invisible plane, please join us!
A Mindful Course™
January 24th – March 21st
6:30 PM – 8:45 PM
Orientation is on Thursday January 17th at 1301 W. 22nd St, Ste 715 & required for class participation. Early bird discounts available until Friday January 11th, 2019.
Cancellations before January 31st will receive a full price refund for this event. We are unable to offer refunds after January 31st, 2019.
As a busy professional, you don’t want to miss out on opportunties.
You don’t want stress to zap you energies leaving you less able to function at work or with your family.
You don’t want your life to pass you by.
Of course not. You want to live fully. Start with cultivating mindfulness.
Mindfulness is an intentionally focused awareness — a way of paying attention on purpose in the present moment and non-judgmentally.
While this notion may seem simplistic, especially in our complex world, neuroscience research tells us that attending to the constant activity of the mind for a few brief minutes can yield powerful and even surprising information.
Operating “mindfully” — in the moment an event occurs — enhances the ability to both identify and minimize sources of stress while enhancing competencies that build resiliency.
In this MBSR course you’ll practice mindful awareness, and learn basics toward more resilience and satisfaction. Oh, and practicing mindfulness will help you be fully present to your life’s opportunities!
Orientation on Thursday January 17th 2019 (required & early bird discount taken.) Maximum class size: 16. Reserve your seats early. Meets for eight weeks from 1/24/19 – 3/21/19.