Our lives are a collection of practices. What are you practicing today? Do those practices serve you? the world? Below you’ll find a number of practices and downloads that can assist you in looking at your current practices, developing new ones.
From our perspective, it’s all about practice. We are what we practice. In fact, how we live our daily lives, how we live out our values & beliefs, what actions we choose to take at any given moment all depend upon what we’ve been practicing.
Knowing just what we’re practicing allows us to pro-actively choose and thus bring about opportunities for freedom in the way we lead our lives.
The following practices are for you to begin to look at just what you’re practicing and to actively choose the practices you’d like to be in inside of your life. We’ll update these periodically so be sure to check back.
What we’ve been reading lately. . . . .
Avid readers and lovers of words, this list is updated each quarter to reflect books that we’ve not only been reading but finding practically useful. Enjoy!
- How Emotions Are Made: The Secret Life of the Brain by Lisa Feldman Barrett, 2018
- Living Beautifully: with Uncertainty and Change by Pema Chodron, 2019
- The Circularity of Life: An Essential Shift for Sustainability 2nd Edition by Ms Jane Cull, 2016
- The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business by Charles Duhigg, 2014
- No Excuses: Nine Ways Women Can Change How We Think About Power by Gloria Feldt, 2012
- Healing the Heart of Democracy: The Courage to Create a Politics Worthy of the Human Spirit by Parker Palmer, 2011
- Path of Least Resistance: Learning to Become the Creative Force in Your Own Life by Robert Fritz, 1989
- Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind by Yuval Noah Harari, 2018
- Drawdown: The Most Comprehensive Plan Ever Proposed to Reverse Global Warming by Paul Hawken and Tom Steyer, 2017
- Waking Up White, and Finding Myself in the Story of Race by Debby Irving, 2014
- An Everyone Culture: Becoming a Deliberately Developmental Organization by Robert Kegan and Lisa Laskow Lahey, 2016
- The Healing Organization: Awakening the Conscience of Business to Help Save the World by Raj Sisodia and Michael J. Gelb, 2019
Video & Audio
We love films & videos, podcasts & audio recordings. Using various forms of media aids & expands our learning in powerful ways.
Creating new outcomes takes awareness and the commitment to build on strengths and close identified gaps. Assessments provide a current snapshot that allows you to see where you are in your development, to build self awareness, to gain baseline data and measure growth, and create action plans that align with your organizational goals.
We use a blended approach to embodied learning that includes assessments, practices & training, and coaching to forward change and create sustainable results.
The FEBI provides insight into one’s preferences around four patterns – Driver, Organizer, Collaborator and Visionary. Patterns are determined by measuring nervous-system functions observed in movement, thoughts, feelings and everyday work behaviors. From the FEBI, you will learn:
- A deeper way to understand yourself, the people you work with, your significant relationships, clients and customers.
- An integrated mind-body view into your own use of the four patterns, comprising a whole and balanced leader.
- An individually designed way to further develop as an integrated leader.
- A powerful way of reading the energy of teams and organizations.
The Leadership Circle Profile (TLCP)
TLCP is the only competency-based 360 assessment to simultaneously measure two primary leadership domains – Creative Competencies and Reactive Tendencies—that draw on beliefs and assumptions the underlie the leadership behaviors.
The Leadership Circle Profile is designed to measure leadership behavior at multiple stages of adult development consistent with the groundbreaking research of Kegan, Gilligan, Cook-Grueter, Beck, Wilber, and others.
It’s the only leadership assessment tool linking an executive’s leadership competencies to core beliefs that govern behavior. The Leadership Circle Profile instantly reveals key opportunities for development with its rich theoretical underpinnings providing a pathway to transformation.
A Mindful Course™
Below you’ll find the all the documents and files you’ll need when you sign up for A Mindful Course™. And, I’d recommend the Mindfulness App as a useful tool on your mindfulness path.