Available July, 2022
Your future success depends upon your ability to pause.
We’re all navigating new realities.
The Leadership Pause is for anyone looking to deepen their impact on the lives around them, leave a profound mark on their organizations, and build a legacy of intentional focus, pragmatic ambition, grounded compassion, and empathy-in-action.
In it, you’ll find a step-by-step process to expand and amplify your influence as a conscious leader – mindful, embodied, generative – that will result in you skillfully navigating through the chaos and uncertainty.
What if there was a single practice that would significantly maximize your impact?
If it was so simple, the science and results so compelling, could you dare let go of your outdated leadership habits?
The Leadership Pause is available now for pre-order!
Purchase one, five, or more copies of the book at your favorite retailer. Then, claim your exclusive early-order gifts!
1. Be one the first to buy it before June 1st from your favorite retailer
2. Email your receipt to gift@Q4-Consulting.com
3. Check your inbox and enjoy your goodies!
4. Spread the word about The Leadership Pause and join the Launch Team (link this to LT Page).
5. Special Offer: Order 25+ copies before June 14th, and receive a 50-minute session for you and/or your team with Chris! Just send your receipt to gift@Q4-Consulting.com, and title your email “25 Copies.”
Praise for The Leadership Pause
– Dr. Amishi Jha, Neuroscientist, author of the national bestseller Peak Mind: Find Your Focus, Own Your Attention, Invest 12 minutes a Day
– Scott Shute, former Head of Mindfulness & Compassion Programs, LinkedIn, and author of Full Body Yes
– Dawna Markova, Ph.D, co-author of Collaborative Intelligence: Thinking with People Who Think Differently, and Living a Loved Life: Awakening Wisdom Through Stories of Inspiration, Challenge, and Possibility.
– John Palfrey, President, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation, co-author, The Connected Parent
– David Emerald Womeldorff, Author; The Power of TED* (*The Empowerment Dynamic) and 3 Vital Questions: Transforming Workplace Drama
– Dave Mooney, CEO, Alliant Credit Union
Chris Johnson calls on research, experiences, illustrative stories and analogies to craft the premise of The Leadership Pause. I know first-hand the importance of resilience in being a successful leader in the VUCA world in which we live and work. Applying the practices learned from this compelling book I’ve come to understand how positively harnessing stress can be the fuel that feeds my resilience and motivation. While I will always be a work in progress, I’m committed to applying the lessons learned from Chris’ book to become a better leader.
– Elizabeth Nohe, PhD, Board Advisor, AWESOME Leaders, and former Chief Supply Chain Officer, Morton Salt
Are you ready to step into the dojo of your life? If so, it’s time to surrender and embrace ‘the pause’ that is waiting for us just beneath the surface of the present moment.
Delivered with a fierce yet quiet power, The Leadership Pause is filled with timeless wisdom that has been beautifully curated and skillfully translated for leaders who are ready to commit to the path of mastery.
~ Rand Stagen, CEO, Stagen Leadership Academy, Conscious Capitalism Board
– Adrienne Palmer, Founder & President, Global Impact Advisory, Global Board Director, Entrepreneurs’ Organization
Pausing is an indispensable requirement of leadership — a necessary precursor to wise and principled action. The whitewater of our daily lives tricks us into believing that pausing is not possible.
But this book makes the seemingly impossible a practical reality: a deeply nourishing gift for each individual leader that offers ongoing dividends to the organizations and undertakings that they steward. Essential reading for anyone striving to build a better world.
~ Amanda Blake, PhD. author, Your Body is Your Brain
~ Ginny Whitelaw, author of Resonate and The Zen Leader
The Leadership Pause teaches you to:
Leverage your attention and focus on how life’s unfolding can help shape your strategic vision and actions
Direct your energy to power right action with consistency
Embed purpose in all of your work, increasing buy-in and positive outcomes
Craft an inspiring vision for the future to bring people along with you as an engaging, conscious leader
Leverage your emotions and bodily responses to effortlessly make decisions and take aligned action
Get Access to a Bonus Masterclass with Your Order!
Secrets to Getting More Done Without Working Harder
In this 75-minute Masterclass, you’re going to learn the time-bending secrets of achieving more in less time. These methods have worked for hundreds of leaders and they’ll be a game-changer for you too. When you implement the 3 steps outlined in the Masterclass and accompanying workbook, you’re guaranteed to see an increase in how much you’ll get done – in the same amount of time.
Leading a team?
Team Leadership Packages for Teams of 10+ to 49
When you support your team to practice the pause, you’ll see the results in your business or organization, and in the expressed satisfaction of your people. This package strengthens you as a leader and cultivates the leadership of your team. For each package purchased you’ll receive:
Deluxe Customized Leadership Package
You receive the 75-Minute Secret to Getting More Done Masterclass and all the Team Leadership Package bonuses, plus:
Meet the Author
Chris L. Johnson, PsyD.
Chris both distinctly challenges and supports leaders ready to embark on integrating life and work in sustainable, fulfilling ways. She demonstrates how leaders can embody a more compelling presence, align their actions with what matters most to them, and transform life’s high-pressure stresses into opportunities for deeper connection and greater contribution with a simple pause.
When Chris isn’t working, you’ll find her in the garden, making art, hiking or skiing the slopes, listening to jazz or at the aikido dojo – practicing the art of peace.
More about The Leadership Pause
~ Mark Vance, Vice President Strategic Partnerships, Hueman People Solutions
In The Leadership Pause, Chris captures the true essence of the chaos we’ve all been facing and feeling: the intensity of the constant whitewater, the rush of anxiety in reacting. The idea of intentionally managing my energy was not new to me, but Chris gave me the “how to.” “Pause,” so simple – it can be the answer to the burnout that so many leaders are facing.
– Jean Pitzo, CEO, ACE Metal Crafts
– Thea Durfee Polancic, ClearSpace, and Founder, Chicago Chapter of Conscious Capitalism
About the Book
Dr. Chris Johnson shares stories from established and powerful leaders about how they’ve used pause practices to transform their previous strategies and ways of thinking and behaving to find greater meaning and purpose in their work.
This book is for anyone looking to deepen their impact on the lives around them, leave a profound mark on their organizations, and build a legacy of intentional focus, pragmatic ambition, grounded compassion, and empathy-in-action.
– Jennifer Fondrevay, Founder Day1 Ready, Best-selling author, NOW WHAT?
~ Mark Melson, President and CEO Gladney Center for Adoption
~ Kristy Wallace, CEO Ellevate
– Wendy Palmer, author of Leadership Embodiment and Dragons and Power
– Richard Strozzi-Heckler, founder of Strozzi Institute and author of The Art of Somatic Coaching and The Leadership Dojo
– Renée Gregorio, Poet (Abyss & Bridge) & author of The Writer Who Inhabits Your Body