We build powerful energy & leadership through interactive workshops and keynotes.
Speaking to people who seek to step into a new way of working–expanding their perspectives–allows me to tap into that energy and foster transformation through embodied learning.
Facilitating powerful changes with groups is a specialty and passion of mine. I love to support those who are ready to:
◊ Move out of limiting beliefs, worn out patterns & overwhelm.
◊ Live boldly at work and in life.
◊ Engage in real conversations of depth, meaning, and action.
◊ Commit to the work of living life fully, connected to purpose.
◊ Inspire and lead in their personal and professional relationships
Through powerful storytelling, straight talk, humor and embodied learning practices, I challenge participants to step up and into their full potential.
inspiring • embodied • cutting edge • relevant • actionable • evidence-based
- Ambitious professionals striving for some sort of elusive work-life balance yet are stressed out & overwhelmed
- Time strapped employees who’re running on empty, not sure how to replenish or re-energize
- Women who’re jazzed about what’s possible, yet are tired of hitting the walls and ceilings, and are ready to step into their power
- Leaders set on making a difference–who know it starts with skillful conversations . . . yet they feel unskillful
- Business leaders committed to a new way of working that centers on mindfully developing themselves, their people, and their business
Embodied Learning. A radical new way of learning that results in a pragmatic perspective shift. It will support you, your work and your community to create a better world through just the right action.
It’s remarkable, revealing, and not to be over-the-top, it’s revolutionary.
Watch Chris in Action
Speaking at Conscious Capitalism Annual Conference 2015
Will You Go First? Tammy & Jack
Will You Go First? Suzy Q & Barb
Are you ready for Chris?
To inquire about speaking engagements or training sessions:
- Embodiment: Essential Skills & Practices for the 21st Century Leader
- Cultivating Presence & Power: Embodying the Essentials
- Leadership Presence: Your Key to Success
- Cultivating Mindfulness: Growing Conscious Leaders
- Mindful Leadership: Leading With Integrity & Impact
- Mastering Authenticity, Influence and Power through Embodied Leadership
- Thinking Big, Acting Boldly
- Are You Willing to Go First?
- Breakthrough Conversations: The Key to Leadership Success
- You are What You Say: The Importance of Feedback
- The Power of Storytelling
- Mindfulness in the Ups and Downs of Navigating Everyday Life
- Dealing with Life’s Uncertainty
- From Stress Bombs to Resilience
Interactive, practical, and applied.
Grounded in the latest research on embodied learning, mindset, leadership.
Common formats include…
20 – 60 minute talk
90 minute workshop
45 – 90 minute webinar or teleseminar
Chris’s presentation at the Women’s Leadership Summit–Dealing with Life’s Uncertainty–was excellent and so valuable. Chris’s tone, her voice, and her method of engaging our business women was soothing, as they they weren’t alone in facing and dealing with such tender concerns—loss, family challenges, illness.
All the mindfulness practices were practical things to do, in the moment, that don’t take a lot of time yet can have an immediate, effective impact. What she said, and how she matched it to what they needed—it felt very intimate even with the large group—to their challenging concerns. It’s a tribute to Chris’s presence.
— Diane Middlebrooks, Women’s Initiative Coordinator, Itasca Bank & Trust
I really enjoyed our Mindful Leadership retreat and find myself reflecting on learnings from that day, especially that mindful leaders are more empowered to hold ambiguity, an essential skill these days. I’ve been using what I’ve learned to help shape my conversations, first by centering myself and then inviting others to do the same.
Chris was the exact right person to work with our Senior Leaders. I believe the progress made in those two days and the commitment to the work that continues is a direct result of our team’s confidence and trust in Chris’ ability to guide us.
— Lisa Breen Strickland, Chief Development Offices, FLY-Fresh Lifelines for Youth
We’ve undergone many changes, including working in a contemporary open office setting which necessitated a new way of working together. As the leader, I wanted to be sure I was giving them all the skills and tools I could to help them successfully transition.
For our annual Wellness and Safety Day Chris educated and lead my team in two hours of mindfulness-in-action via four practical exercises that each of us could easily incorporate into our work days. My team received so many benefits that our organization decided to have Chris come back and share the mindfulness-based approach with our everyone at our corporate offices.
Betsey Nohe, CPIMVP Supply Chain, Morton Salt
“We’d considered other consultants, and after meeting Chris, there was no question she was the one! Her presence, honesty, and humility with our staff has helped us take risks and implement her mindfulness practices.”
— Rebecca Levine, Director of Special Initiatives, MacArthur Foundation
“At ‘Celebrating Life. Celebrating Uncertainty: Mindfulness Skills for Success’ an event for our nursing leaders, I learned how mindfulness can help me deal with & face conflict. What an eye-opener! And, that it can be developed as a daily practice. Practice, practice, practice!”
– Tess Callanta, RN, Rush Copley Medical Center
Previously seen at…
- Alliant Credit Union
- Capital Strategies Women’s Forum
- Conscious Capitalism Annual Conference
- Feeding America
- Food Processing Suppliers Association, Women’s Network
- Global Wisdom Leadership Forum
- Helen Plum Library
- International Leadership Association Women’s Conference
- Land of Lakes
- Loyola University Health & Fitness
- Loyola University School of Nursing
- Rush -Copley Medical Center
- MacArthur Foundation
- Morton Salt
- Northwestern School of Communications
- Omron’s Women’s Forum
- US Foods
- Women’s Initiative Itasca Bank & Trust
- Xerox Women’s Alliance
Work with Chris
Known for creating trust with those who value honesty, deep listening and straight talk, Chris works with all types of leaders, individually and in teams, or through her sold-out workshops, classes and retreats.
Chris both distinctly challenges and supports leaders ready to embark on integrating life and work in sustainable, fulfilling ways.
While the work of transformation can at times be arduous, Chris’s commitment to her client’s success results in leaders who:
- Embody a compelling presence
- Handle high pressure situations with ease
- Exercise skillful conversations
- Collaborate with others to create pragmatic, focused action towards results
To that end, she’s a member of the Executive Team of the Chicago Chapter of Conscious Capitalism, a movement dedicated to elevating humanity through business.
And, when she’s not working, she’s likely either gardening, reading a great book, making art, or at the aikido dojo where she practices the art of peace.